Friday, June 17, 2011

The Huge Wall of Products

Everyone hates that feeling of walking into the beauty isle of Walmart or CVS and you see lots a brands that your friend`s brother`s cousin mentioned was really great once or that product that the only good thing about it is the pretty packaging. So I`m going to give my product recomendations and some of the techniques I use to apply them. All of these I have personal experience with using, and probably use today.
Since I don`t like to mislead anyone, I`ll tell you I have a normal skin type that doesn`t become oily or dry very often. The only huge downfall to my skin is that I have some redness around my nose, the apples of my cheeks, and my chin. I`m sure my skin has some effect on how these products interact with my body so if you have oily or dry skin, I can`t completely promise they`ll work the same way. Also, I have long, dark, but not very curly eye lashes and long, naturally straight dark hair that holds styles very well.

^^  me with air dried hair and with many of these product on. Second, my favorite make up box.
I`ll go from start to finish on the products I use for my normal beauty regime when I go out.
Favorite Skin and Hair Products
1. Clean and Clear - My daily face wash. It`s the first wash that hasn`t dried out my skin or irritated it.
2. Clinique Daily Mouisturizer - Great mouisture that doesn`t make yur skin oily but you can deffinitely feel the difference after you use it. Plus it last for a really long time - covers alot of skin with very little product
3. Clinique 7 Day Scrub - I use this at the same time as my face wash. Love the feel of the exfoliating beads. Doesn`t break out my skin or dry it.
4. Garnier Fructis Nutrient Spray - Your hair will love you for this! Deffinitely worth buying. Use it daily before any styling. I usually use it after my shower but you can use it any time. Doesn`t make your hair oily. This is great for color processed hair or really dry hair.
5. Jergens Natural Glow - A great gradual tan. At first it was a little bit spotty but within a few more days it evened out great. You can use as much or as little as you like and since it`s a foam its not greasy. Works well with natural tanning and will continually darken skin no matter how tan you get. The only con for this product is that you will keep a little sticky for about 5 minutes after you use this.

Favorite Make-up

1.Loreal Paris Bare Natural Mineral Make-up - I was extremely skeptical that a powder foundation could cover up any flaws or redness on my face but this works very well. It stays put for the most part too.
2.Victoria`s Secret Luxuria Eyeshadow - The eyeshadow works extremely well if you just dab your brush in some water before using it. I love the flawless shimmer it gives and the colors are so rich.
3. Femme Couture Baked Eye Duo - This is my newest product that I`ve discovered while splurging on make-up. If it wasn`t so expensive (or maybe I`m just cheap) this would be a perfect eyeshadow. Very easy application and has the vibrant and full tones that I look for. Plus this is the darkest brown shadow I`ve found.
4. Clinique Blush - Works better than the many blushes I`ve used. It looks very natural and a ton of it doesn`t come off on my brush in one sweep so I don`t look like a clown. I would never switch to another.
5. Maybelline Pearl Lipstick - This lipstick feels great on my lips and isn`t sticky or too slick, plus the colors are very natural which I love.
6. Wet and Wild Purple Pallett - I love this pallett! For cheap make-up that most believe can never be good, I love this. I always use a wet brush to apply this make up and it has a great hold and shine to it. Plus look how many colors you get! I usually use the darkest purple as eyeliner.
7. Great Lash - Of coarse isn`t it America`s number one mascara? Well untill recently I didn`t believe them but I tried it andyway and I love it. Very full lashes with and without curling them first.

Hope these help next time you go beauty shopping! <3

1 comment: